Sunday, March 19, 2017

We All Want It All

I've been thinking a lot about career lately (see my GoFish Beta job posting).  What I see in myself is my perfectionist tendency to want it all--a high salary, a home business or a dream work environment, creative and fulfilling work, flexible hours--and a sense that it is getting harder and harder to find these.  Our job prospects are being transformed and I think limited by the global, mechanized, computerized, commodified economy.

Movement toward the type of work I most desire will be incremental.  Maybe I will need to stay still in my current job for a while.

Be thankful for God's daily blessings, and His assurance that He will provide for me.  Most of all, know that having it all won't really happen until Heaven, so don't put my faith in that perfect job.

No comments:

Post a Comment